Sunday, July 31, 2011

Thrifty

Steve and I moved into a townhouse at the beginning of July. As we settled in, we realized our extreme lack of furniture. We saw, we shopped...we did not conquer. I wanted something different and something that we could make our own. It was at that time that I entered the dangerous world of shabby chic decor blogs. Scary. Steve has been a rock star at sanding (not an easy job) while I am able to sit in the air conditioning and paint until my little heart is content. It makes me feel a little Martha and is quickly becoming a guilty pleasure :) It has been fun, tiring and rewarding! Here are the two pieces we have completed so far.

This is a china hutch we found at Goodwill for $40. It was pretty beat up but a solid piece of furniture.
Before...


And after!


At another Goodwill, we scored this awesome chair for $5. I was a little overzealous and started painting
before I took a picture with the cushion still on but this gives you a pretty good idea what shape it was in.




  1. We had some paint left over from the china hutch so I was resourceful and used it on the chair as well. I found the perfect fabric to cover the cushion!



3 comments:

  1. I love it !! even if it's not my color, the china hutch is really great, and you made a really good job at it ! And nice choice in the matching fabric for the chair !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. My daughter in law recently did the same thing for their new house. You both seem to have the same nac for doing such things. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just PERFECT Lindsay.....Trust me when I say you are going to become a furniture painting addict! LOL! Love the fabric you picked for the chair too!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete